Friday, February 27

Do you know what 2 things in common this pics have in common?
















The show two of my most favorite things. Photography and scrapbooking!!! This was a couple of days ago when I was going with The Big Picture approach. Sorting and putting my pictures into my picture files. I ended up going from the pioneer spiral albums to 2 inch binders with 3-4x6 picture page protectors. That way i have the options of adding more pictures without have to rearrange it all. I had to do that more then once with the on in the picture. NOT FUN!! And in PhotoFreedom, Stacy's main message is that its not suppose be hard, it suppose to be stressfree once you have your system set up. Then you can concentrate to scrapbooking your most favorite and meaningful memories and enjoy the creative process. And once I am at it, let me tell you, LOVE that book. The system makes TOTAL sense to me and its packed with AWESOME Ideas. Its one of those books that keeps inspiring you. lol!! (these statement is made volutarily and free will with no recompensation of any kind. )

Anyway, then there is my 1st passion of photography. I have am taking Karen Russell's The Photographer's Workshop. Not only can this woman and mom of 4 take some awesome, kick butt, fabulous pictures, but she can teach. I have been trying to get the principles of photography for a while. I have read books, taken a class here and there. But this is the first time I got !! Nothing went over my head. She explains things in different ways to make sure you understand the concept. And her voice has a calming effect on me, I have thought about putting it on for my kids and see if it stops them from acting like zoo animals. Or maybe I will just keep it so when the kids are driving me nuts, I dont fall off the deep end, lol. She is positive and ecouraging. I have learned so much, and my class is awesome too, we learn alot from each other. I am a bit behind because my parents came the second week I was in class. But I should be caught up by the end of this weekend, cause that is my first priority. Well, besides the usual, children, husband and all that stuff, lol.

Anyway, back to the pictures. As you see how dark they started they got lighter. I raised my ISO and kept adjusting my aperture. Its far from perfect, but I got the concept and I wasn't shooting in auto either, big deal for me.

Well, this has turn into a novel, I hope everyone has a great weekend. I hope to be blogging with pictures of my scraproom and my scrapbook page of my newly wed meal I preparred for my husband. There is a funny story that goes with that. Ok, really I am done now.

1 comment:

Allie said...

Look at you, the scrappy photographer!!