Sunday, March 22

Time....what is time...I never have any!!!




I have been a bit of "Crazy Busy", lol. Startin the internship with the Naval Hospital, Bio-Med Dept. has been such an awesome expierience so far. At the same time, it has be busy and I think I am finally adjusting. I have learned so much in just two weeks. I got to shoot my first function it was for some navy guys getting ready to pcs (permenent change of station). It was the first duty station for both. We scoped out places for a group picture and even got pictures of the dogwoods that are in full bloom.

Then Friday, was gorgeous outside. It was partly cloudy but the sky was blue and the clouds look like marshmellow, lol. I got to learn more about adjusting my settings and how to deal with the different places the sun is during the day. The Photographer, walk me thru a retirement, shwing me where everyone stood and the flow of things. Also shared with me where he usually stood and stuff like that. He is so awesome at explaining stuff, but he is deploying and his last day is Friday. Then I have a week off and his counterpart come back from taking a class, I have heard he is a hoot, I feel like I already know him cause I have heard so much about him. I am confident I will learn alot from him too, I have seen some of his photography and its so good.

Anyway, Friday right before we went back in I got some pictures of the flags infront of the hospital. I love how the first one turn out. The angle and perspective was exactly what I was hoping to capture and love that you can see movement in the picture without and bluring. I was pretty proud. Nothing that is award winning, but I feel like I am learning and getting where i want to be a step at a time.

On the family front, Cameron is loving the Yound Marines. This weekend was his first overnight function and he seem to really enjoy it. He is studying his material non-stop, and practicing his drill movements. I Love the pride he feels, and the excitement of it all. He is doing awesome.

The girls had a field trip to the park to fly kites friday but it got reschedule for this friday. Its going to be lots of fun for them.

Ben is just being him. He is enjoying having Dad home during the day and has been a good sport.

Nick is adjusting to Night crew, which is always hard on him but he is being a good sport about it and being very supportive.

I think that about covers it pretty much, I promis to try to update a little more often then every 10 days or something.

2 comments:

Allie said...

Glad to hear that everyone is doing well! Sounds you are loving that internship, glad to hear it. You really deserve it! Good for you!

Anonymous said...

Ok this is the first pictures that I liked....this comment thing has me all messed up